Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A home.


Friday afternoon I posted this to my personal Facebook page:


I was humbled by many of you as you vowed to help us, encouraged us, and started making contacts on our behalf trying to get things rolling. I sat and read your comments and I just cried my eyes out. God began to move immediately. That night -a mere 5 hours after I posted- I listened as a local builder told me he wants to build us a home AT COST. There are obviously a lot of details left to be worked out and things to fall into place, but he is commited and excited to help us and we are THRILLED. And humbled. And schocked. And excited. And a million emotions I can't adequately convey. This is HUGE for our family. The idea is he will build a home modifed to fit River's needs and then we will assume the mortgage for his cost. Can you all take a minute to pray BLESSINGS on this guy? I know I am praying that God does for him ten fold what he is doing for us and God blesses his business as well. 

Since then efforts have snowballed as people have stepped forward offering their services to help on the house when we start construction, offered to fundraise, offered to pray. WE APPRECIATE YOU ALL!! Do not think for one second that anything is to "little" to make a difference. Every prayer is heard, every prayer means so much to us, every cent, every kind thought, every offer of help means the world to us. And to Him. 


I don't think we did anything to deserve this, but I am reminded that is the beauty of the grace and mercy of God. 

Grace: the free and unmerited favor of God, (as manifested in the salvation of sinners) and the bestowal of blessings.

Mercy: a blessing that is an act of divine favor or compassion

I will be a light for Jesus... that others will see His works in our life and that He will be glorified. I will "pay it forward" (even when I feel my contribution is little) as I know we are blessed that we may bless others. I commit my family to Him and I commit this cause to Him that He will receive all the glory and praise. I am so excited to share this journey, to share our story with you all. Please join us in prayer and thanks to Him!

You can follow our journey here or at www.facebook.com/raisingriver.

1 comments:

Emily said...

Awesome... Our God is amazing!

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com