Monday, August 5, 2013

seven

We are in countdown mode for our late summer beach trip. We are so blessed that both my parents and Matt's parents include us in their beach trip every year and foot the bill for the condo. We would never be able to afford to go if not. Usually my dad rents for a month and we rent to family/friends for a couple weeks and use the rest of the time ourselves. My parents, the kids, and I usually stay sometime between 15-18 days, but this year since Briley is officially in K5 we are only letting her miss one week of school and I was jokingly whining about only getting 9 days at the beach this year with my family. My SIL said she would be crazy if she spent 9 days at the beach- that by about Day 4 she is ready to just be home. I reminded her that the Thomas' live from vacation to vacation, but I also explained that my people are my home. If they're with me I'm good.

And this guy? 


He is my home.

Today marks seven years that I chose him for life. Best decision I ever made. I know who my Savior is and I know that all the hard things I have gotten through are nothing but the grace of God, but let me tell you: I also know who put this man in my path and chose him to be my protector on this earth. I could not do it without him. Here's the other truth? I wouldn't want to either.

On our honeymoon in St. Thomas (overlooking Magen's Bay)... 
I promise, hubs, one day we will make it back there!


Matt, it won't hurt my feelings if life wants to slow down and we take up residence on Easy Street, but I somehow feel like as long as you're by my side (and we keep Jesus in the middle) we will make it through whatever else the next seven years throws our way. I love you so much. Thank you for being all the things I didn't know I needed. Thank you for being my best friend and the best father to our children. Happy Anniversary, love!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com