Friday, September 23, 2011

Why blog?

I used to blog when I was in college. My posts back then were probably pretty melodramatic and annoying to be honest, but I still enjoy going back and reading them. I was a small town girl at a big university, living with my best friends, nursing a "broken heart", and trying to find myself. I was smack dab in the middle of developing a real relationship with God -one that was being cultivated by my choices and my desires, so it's really interesting to me to go back and read all that. I blogged a lot about my future husband- characteristics and traits that were important to me, how I thought I would feel when I met him, and now that I am married to him I love reading those because I can see so obviously how God had a hand in it.

So why blog now? Because I love the thought of going back and reading this in the future. I love the idea of having these family memories stuck somewhere besides my head. And because God has done SO MUCH for our family over the last 5 years that I can't believe the opportunity I missed out on by not blogging and sharing that. God has really shown Himself worthy on our behalf and in my gratefulness I'd like to bring some glory to His name by sharing it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com